Got an all new SONY Xperia Acro S smartphone and are itching to root your device? Then here we are with this article which will guide you in doing the same as we will be checking out a detailed guide which will help you to make the most of your Android device as after rooting you can install the custom ROM firmwares along with the apps which requires the root access. Please follow all the instructions mentioned carefully as this will ensure that the device is rooted safely.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Note: The only thing you will have to ensure is that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. To get back the lost warranty, you will have to re-apply with the latest stock or the Official firmware which we will be coming up with the same in the next few days.
Additionally the best part of this rooting process is that users don’t need to unlock their boot loader for this to work which is a painful task at times. We would like to thank the XDA Forum Member heeroyun who has come out with this rooting work around. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed instructions you will have to go through before you root your device.
With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to back up all the user level data present in your phone. Don’t make use of the PC Companion for backing up the data as sometimes you may face issues with the tool. Manual backup is the safe backup, once you back up the data, move the target files to your computer.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%. Also, disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your deivce. Install the SONY Xperia ACRO S drivers from here to your computer.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia Acro S:
- Download the Rooting Essentials Suite from here to your computer. Once downloaded, turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the operation mode.
- Press the Volume Down button and while holding the same, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then run the file named “Step1.bat” which will take care of the rest.
- Once the process is over, flash the 4.0.4 files using the flashtool and ensure that you are not wiping anything and also check the final verification option. Once the update is applied, you can cancel the flash tool and once finished, you will have to either restart the Acro S or it will be automatically restarted and disconnect the deivce.
- Up next, connect the device again to the computer with the help of original USB cable and run the “Step2.bat” file and when you get the prompt for the Super user access, then you will have to Accept the same for giving the permission to access the System files. You should get a lot of messages like “pushing SuperSU” and the phone will reboot during this process which is normal in the course of rooting.
- Now, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. If it is not rooted, then you will have to root the same again by following the above procedure.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted your device. Do share with us in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues faced in the process of rooting.