SONY Xperia P smartphone can now be rooted irrespective of the current firmware. So for all those who are having SONY Xperia P smartphone and wishes to root, then we will guide you to do the same. Once you root your device, you can then install many applications which requires the root access. Also, you can customize the device, the way you want it with the help of custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming out in the coming days. So, let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on what are the quick pre requisites and then we will proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a short guide on how to Root Xperia P.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the ROM Manager as if you use other tools like ROM Manager or KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, make sure that the battery life in your SONY Xperia P is not less than 40% as this may turn off the device in the middle of rooting update. Ensure that USB Read / Write access is there in your computer.
Disclaimer: If all the instructions are followed which are mentioned in this article, there is no possibility of bricking the phone. We should not be held responsible in any manner for damage happened to your SONY Xperia P due to not following the instructions.
Let’s proceed to the next step on how you can root SONY Xperia P.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia P on Any Firmware:
- Download SONY Xperia P Rooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will need to extract the same to the desktop preferably.
- Now, from the extracted folder, you will need to open the file which is named as “RunMe.Bat” which is an executable file in your computer.
- Once opened, connect your SONY Xperia P to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then press “Enter” to start the process of Rooting. Once the device is rooted, you will need to disconnect the device and you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Now, download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Open the Root Checker app and you will get to see the prompt of “Super User”, you need to Access the grant so that the same can be checked.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
So there you go, you have successfully rooted your SONY Xperia P smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section.