Ahead of global release of SONY Xperia Z1 Compact, you can now learn on how to root the device. So just in case if you managed to purchase the Z1 compact smartphone from SONY, you can now root the device so that you can then install the custom ROM firmwares along with all the apps which need the root access. First things first, you need to first up need to follow the list of quick pre requisites so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored quickly. Once the pre requisites are followed let’s check out on what’s the detailed procedure which will help you update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with any of the automated tools. Make sure that you are not using any SONY PC companion for the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your SONY Xperia Z1 Compact android smartphone so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. This is an important step.
- Make sure that your SONY Xperia Z1 Compact is boot loader unlocked and also it should have the working fastboot. Not to forget, your Z1 compact should be on Jellybean 4.3 version of firmware.
- Your compute should be installed with the Android ADB tools.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your SONY XPERIA Z1 Compact phone due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
So let’s proceed and check out on what are the quick list of specs and features of SONY XPERIA Z1 Compact android smartphone
Procedure to Root SONY XPERIA Z1 Compact Android Phone:
Step 1: Install Kernel:
- Download the kernel image in your computer and save the boot.img to the folder which contains the fastboot binary.
- Now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and check on whether the drivers are installed successfully or not with the help of entering below mentioned command in the command prompt.
- Once you see the connected device, you need to enter the below mentioned command;
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot from the fastboot mode by entering the below mentioned command;
Now you need to enter the device the device in the recovery mode. Turn ON the device and while you see the SONY logo, you now need to press the Volume Up key.
Step 2: Guide to Root:
- Assuming that you have installed the kernel mentioned above, you now need to download the latest SU in your computer and save the same in your device.
- Up next, you need to reboot the device in the recovery mode. Restart the device and while you see the SONY logo, you now need to press the Volume Up key.
- Flash the supersu update. Zip which you have earlier placed in your phone and reboot from the recovery mode by selecting the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- Once the rooting process is done, phone will be rebooted. Please note that it will take around 3 – 5 minutes for rooting process to complete. In some cases, it may take longer time than expected.
- So there you go, you have now successfully rooted the device with the help of simple instructions. Download the “Root checker” app from Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not.
Note: If at all your SONY Xperia Z1 Compact smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
Stay tunes to Android Advices as we will be very soon be coming out with the detailed guide which will help you install custom ROMs especially for SONY Xperia Z1 Compact. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully rooted your device Huawei Honor 3C Android smartphone.