Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) smartphone can now be rooted and installed with the custom recovery image. Once rooted, you can then install the custom rom firmwares and also the apps which needs the root access. SONY Xperia Z2 is one of the recently launched smartphones in India. So before we check on how you can root the device, you need to go through the list of quick pre requisites below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create the backup. Don’t use SONY PC Suite to back up the data as it may not help you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 70% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- You will be needing the computer which has the full read and write access. Additionally, you will also need to disable the antivirus tools present in your computer.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this process is not applied to the Network Locked Devices as it may even permanently damage the device.
Let’s slip into the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia Z2 Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting Package from here to your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Power off your Xperia Z2 Android phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode. Power ON the device and when LED notification lights up, you need to press the Volume up and Volume down to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then select the Super SU zip file which you have placed in the device. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply the zip file in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally.
- To check on whether your phone got rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app and check the same.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted the device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting.