Xperia Z3 users can now make the most when it comes to rooting their devices and also can now unlock the boot loader of the device. There are tons of rooting options which claim to root the device and unlock the boot loader but are very lengthy and may not even help sometimes. So let’s check out on what are the simple steps with which you can root and also can unlock the boot loaders. This is one of the simplest methods to root the device as it just includes the bat file which needs to be opened post connecting your phone to the computer. Once done, you can then install custom ROM firmwares along with which one can also install the apps which needs root access.
While SONY takes its own sweet time for releasing the update of Lollipop 5.0, this is the sweet time to upgrade your device to the Lollipop 5.0 Android OS. This technique can be applied to the SONY Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact which are one of the premier devices from SONY and comprise of the flagship family. You Currently Z3 and Z3 compact devices are on the KitKat 4.4 Android OS and not on the Lollipop 5.0 OS, we will be very soon coming out with the articles which will help you install the latest OS in simplest manner.
Note: The only caveat is that this will only work on the older build number of 23.0.A.2.93 and not on the newer firmware version of 23.0.1.A.5.77. You can always downgrade to the older firmware version using FlashTool / XperiFirm first before you can get root.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the SONY PC Suite as this is the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable for any issues caused while upgrading the firmware.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed list of procedure which will help you root the device
Procedure to Root/ Unlock Boot loader of SONY Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact:
- Download Latest Rooting Tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, all you need to do is to just unzip the same to one folder on desktop.
- Open the folder and connect your phone to the computer using original USB cable.
- Once all the required drivers are installed successfully, you now need to open the install.bat file in your computer and follow the onscreen instructions for rooting the device.
- Now, once the appropriate option is selected, the device will be rooted. Just restart the device and look out for Super SU app in the device. Please note that it may take upto 3 -4 minutes for rooting the device in some times.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted, you need to follow all the instructions from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting the device as we will revert back quickly to address your concern.