Not many have bothered about giving support to these devices, but not anymore you will have to search for the same anywhere else, as we at Android Advices are committed to guide you so that you can make the most of your Toshiba Folio tablet. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily root your Tablet so that you can then install many custom firmwares and also you will be in a position to customize the tab the way you always wanted it to be.
For all those who don’t know much about rooting then we would like to tell you that Rooting is basically a technique wherein the third party applications or tools are allowed to access the system level files which otherwise is not possible if you don’t have the rooted device. The need for customization becomes evident because it is very unfortunate that the device out of the box comes with the Froyo 2.2 version and also still now there is no proper communication from the company as well regarding by when the device will be updated to the Gingerbread 2.3 firmware. But not to worry as we will soon in the coming days as soon as possible will come up something for you guys so that you can update your Toshiba Folio 100 devices.
Disclaimer: After rooting the device, you will lose the warranty for which we should not be held responsible and also we take no responsibility if any damage happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow all the instructions carefully.
So, before proceeding you need to follow some of the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below so as to facilitate smoother updation of the firmware.
- Create the backup of your data which is there in your tab so that you can then restore the data just in case if any of the data is lost. With the help of some simple tricks, you can easily backup and restore the data.
- After this ensure that the device charged with the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turn Off in the process of the firmware update.
- Ensure that you remove all the antivirus tools of there are any in your Toshiba Folio or else these tools tend to interrupt the process of rooting process. After this you will have to ensure that the USB Debugging mode is activated in the phone. The USB Debugging can be enabled from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Procedure to Root Toshiba Folio 100 Tablet:
- Download the Toshiba Folio Rooting Tool from here and unzip the same in your computer. Please note that in the process of the firmware update, it will prompt you to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com”.
- Once you extract the file, you will get a file called Super One click Root tool which is the rooting tool we will be using in the due course of the article. Now, after this head to the Super One click application and open the same in your computer.
- Now, as soon as you open the Super One Click Application you will then have to connect the device to the computer while keeping the Super One click opened in your computer with the help of the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now, as soon as you connect you will then need to click on the “Root” tab to start the process of rooting. As soon as the rooting process is finished you will see that the device will be successfully rooted.
So, in this way you have successfully seen on how you can easily root your phone. Just in case if you face any issues while rooting this device then you need to install the latest version of .net framework before proceeding to follow the above procedure again. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will ensure that all your issues are sorted out.