Micromax Canvas A100 smartphone can now be easily rooted and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root the same. Once the device is rooted, you can then install many apps which requires the root access and also you can install the custom ROM firmwares based on the Jellybean 4.2 firmware. In the next few coming days we will be checking out on what are the various custom ROM firmwares. So, before proceeding to the detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update, you will need to go through quick pre requisites which we have summed below.
Though this smartphone is one of the best smartphones, unfortunately Micromax has never come up with any OTA updates ever since it has started selling the Android smartphones. This smartphone is one of the highest selling and best mid-range Android smartphone with super specs and stand out large screen which even gives a tough to Samsung’s Flagship Galaxy S3 variant.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps you will need to create a backup so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the ROM Manager or with the PC SUITE.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, make sure that the minimum battery life is not less than 30% battery life or else the device might get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to make sure that the update is applied successfully. We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your phone caused due to not following of instructions.
Also, make sure that your computer has active USB ports with Full Read / Write Access. If you are already on the custom ROM firmware, then that means that the device is already rooted and there is no need to root the device with the help of below mentioned procedure as your Micromax Canvas A100 device is already rooted.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Root Micromax A100 Canvas 2 Android Smartphone:
- Assuming that you have enabled the USB Debugging option in your Micromax A100 Canvas 2 smartphone, you now need to download the Rooting Tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same in your computer and open the same.
- Now, you will have to connect your device to the computer with the original USB cable and then all you need to do is to just open the RUNME.BAT file in your computer. Now, once you have opened the file, you will have to select “1” by entering 1 in the command prompt window and press Enter to confirm the choice.
- Now, once you pressed on Enter, the rooting process will be initiated and once it’s done you will be intimated about the same with an on screen message that Rooting has been completed successfully.
- Just in case if you wish to unroot Micromax A100, open the Runme.bat file and enter the “x” character in the tool and press Enter to unroot the device.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, with the help of below instructions you can root the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.