How to Root & UnRoot Motorola Droid 3 – Tutorial
Motorola Droid 3 now Officially gets Rooting treatment, so in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily root your phone. Please be informed that rooting voids the warranty. The best part is that irrespective of the current firmware you are on can proceed with the rooting process. For your simplicity we have made this article ultra-short so that instructions are not only crisp but also you can root the device faster than ever. So, just in case if you are worried about the warranty void then we would like to tell you that to revoke the root access too we have mentioned the same in the article so that just in case if you wish to un root and claim back the warranty, you can do so in a hassle free manner. Please note that these instructions can only be followed by the users who are on the Windows 7 / Vista based computers and not for the users on the Mac / Linux based computers.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Tip: There are just 2 tips which we wish to give you which are back up your data with the help of tips which are mentioned below and the second thing is that you need to follow each and every single instruction carefully so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
There are few things which you need to download in your computer so that you can use the same in the due course of the article.
Procedure to Root Motorola Droid 3 Android Phone:
- First up you need to extract and install the Motorola Drivers which you have downloaded from the above downloads section.
- Now, after this you need to unzip the Motorola One Click Rooting Suite to the desktop so that you can easily locate the same.
- Up next you need to enable the USB Debugging in your phone which you can do from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. After enabling the same, you need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now, go to the Motorola One Click Rooting Suite folder where you will need to click to open the executable file named as “Pet’s Motorola Tools”. After this you need to just follow the instructions on screen which are as shown in the below shown image..
- So, in this way you have successfully rooted the Motorola Droid 3 phone. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below so that we can act on the same at the earliest. Last but not the least, if you are unable to access the internet then you need to check with the APN Settings and also you need to restore the backup just in case if any data is lost.
*Note : If you are Windows XP and unable to root the Motorola Droid 3, then you need to download the Special Rooting Suite to Root or Unroot the Device.