For all those who own a LG Optimus 2x handset, you can now cheer a bit as we will tell you on how you can install the latest version of Clock Work Mod Recovery on your Rooted LG Optimus 2x phone. Despite the fact that this phone that is LG Optimus 2x is the World’s first dual core handset, there were not much of the customization options available for this phone but as the time progresses we hope to see much more customization options. In the due course of the article we will see on how you can update with the Clock Work Mod recovery and also we will see on how you can update your phone with the latest version of firmware on your LG Optimus 2x handset.
Procedure to install Clock Work Mod Recovery on LG Optimus 2x:
- First up you will have to download the Zip file of Clock Work Mod recovery in your computer and then you will have to extract the same to your computer, preferably in the desktop.
- Now, after this you just need to connect your phone with the computer by using the USB cable. After this you will have to ensure that you just need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Android Phone. The USB Debugging Mode can be turned ON from the path, Settings > Applications > Development and select USB debugging box just by tapping on that option.
- Now, from the extracted files in your Windows System, you need to locate the file named “install-clockworkmod-windows.bat” after which you just need to follow the on screen instructions.
- If you are using the MAC, then you first need to open the Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-clockworkmod-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-clockworkmod-mac.sh’ and,
- If you are using the Linux based systems then you will have to first open the Terminal Window and then you will have to type in the command as type ‘chmod +x install-clockworkmod-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-clockworkmod-linux.sh’ and also if you wish to manually install the recovery mode then you can do it by pushing the image of the Clockworkmod.img file to the /data/local/ with the help of adb and then you will have to run ‘dd if=/data/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7′ from a root shell.
Procedure to Launch the Recovery Mode in LG Optimus 2x:
- For booting the LG Optimus 2x into the recovery mode, all you need to do is to first turn Off the device and then after that you will have to hold the Volume down button and then you just need to power up the device by pressing the Power button while holding the Volume down button.
- Additionally, you can also download and install the application which is LG 2x Recovery Boot / Flash from the Android Market Place as this will help you to flash the custom recovery images on your LG Optimus 2x handset.
Procedure to Update LG Optimus 2x with the latest version of Firmware:
- First up you will have to install the latest version of the Smart Flash Tool for your LG Optimus 2x phone after which you will have to also download the Smart Flash drivers along with the baseband file from here.
- Now, after downloading the pre requisites, you will have to run the SmartFlashTool_P990.exe application on your computer.
- Now, after this you will have to first turn Off the device and then you just need to turn Off the phone and then you will have to press the Volume down button followed by the pressing of the Power button. Now, you will see that the device will be powering into the mode where in you will have to now connect your phone with the computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Now, at this stage you will see that the COM Port option will be filled automatically and then you are ready to install the firmware.
- Now, next up you will have to select the “ROM Copy Download” tab but you will have to ensure at this stage that the “Normal Mode” option is selected and then also ensure that “Erase CAL” is not selected.
- Now, at the next stage you will have to tap on the browse button which is next to the “CP Bin” and then you will have to select the FLS file which can be obtained from unzipping the files which are mentioned below,
- After this selection you will have to click on the “Start” and then you will have to wait for the flash process to get completed.
Latest Region wise Firmware Files:
Note: Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider to get more info on the APN Settings or alternatively you too can make a note of it. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings or take down the MMS Settings as this too will need to be re configured after the rooting process.Also, we take no responsibility if you download the files and apply the below procedure to root your phone.
Do, let us know if you face any of the problems as we will ensure that all problems are solved. Just in case if you have encountered with any issue or say if the firmware is interrupted in between then no need to panic as all you need to do is to just follow the upgrade instructions from the start so that the firmware is installed successfully.