Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini users can now enjoy BIG as an all new firmware has hit the Samsung servers and now can be updated in your phone. This firmware ropes in the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version and is dubbed as Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXAMB3. This firmware doesn’t come up with any major updates apart from Bug fixes which used to heat the device upon charging. So, before we proceed to check on how you can apply this update, you need to follow the list of pre requisites which are mentioned below first.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the Samsung KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S III Mini can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, clear all the cache and wipe the data by selecting the corresponding options. Once it’s done, reboot the device in the Normal Mode. If you are on custom ROM firmware, then you also need to clear the dalvik cache.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So, lets proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean XXAMB3 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with Odin. Once downloaded, extract both of them and then open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The download mode in Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Now, all you need to do is to just connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then open the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select the TAR File which is having “code” in the file name and the same you will get once you extract the Firmware Zip file which you have downloaded in the initial step.
- Once the firmware update process is completed successfully, the phone will be rebooted automatically. Please note that it may take more than 4 -5 minutes for applying the firmware and to reboot the device.
- Disconnect the device from the computer and check from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean XXAMB3 4.1.2 Firmware. Very soon we will be coming up with an article which will help you to upgrade with the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware version for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.