Procedure to update Samsung Captivate i897 with Android 4.0 ICS:
- Download the ICS Android 4.0 Package for Samsung Captivate i897 in your computer and then connect your device to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- After this, copy the downloaded ICS Android 4.0 Zip File package to your device’s SD Card. Once you finish copying, disconnect the phone from the computer and then turn Off the phone so as to enter into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the recovery mode.
- After this, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- As soon as you select the file, it will take around 10 minutes to apply the update. Once the update is applied successfully, you will again land up to the recovery mode. After this, select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” so that the device is re booted successfully.
Congratulations!, you are now on the latest firmware of ICS Android 4.0 version. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments as we will try to fix the same at the earliest.
Credits : DemonWav & onecosmic