We have just seen the CyanogenMod 7.1 ROM update for Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 phone. The same CyanogenMod 7.1 update is also available for Samsung Fascinate. The installation procedure is completely different for all the models even though it’s the CyanogenMod 7.1 ROM.
Its important that you proceed with the Samsung Fascinate phone only but not with any other Samsung similar looking mobile phone. If you proceed, you would end up your phone bricking it. This firmware update for your phone will require to have the root access on your phone and rooting on your phone will void the warranty.
The best part of this firmware update is that, regardless of any version or firmware you are on, you can install this custom firmware.
Note : We at Android Advices are not responsible in part or whole for anything happens to your blog if you proceed with the firmware update mentioned here. Users should must understand the risk and then proceed with the firmware update.
New features in CyanogenMod 7.1.0 version:
- With this update you get the taste of upcoming Android 2.3.7 version which is still in beta.
- You will get Bluetooth mouse support in this version.
- It includes a latest Superuser app.
- You will see a lot of change in the photo recording feature as this version speed up the photo recording process.
- Geo location added to photo app.
- It adds screen shot capture in the power menu
- Last but not the least, it adds Bluetooth tethering
The list doesn’t end there, those were just the important enhancements, there are lot more to add to the list.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
Before you update your phone, follow the below mentioned pre upgrade instructions –
- You need to take the backup of all the important documents present on your Samsung Fascinate as the data in the phone memory would be lost and the data on to your SD card would be safe. This includes SMS, call logs, contacts, songs and videos.
- Remove SIM card phone your phone while you are updating your phone.
- Make sure that you have charged your phone to the full before updating with this firmware as you may need to go through battery calibration steps.
- Make sure that PC which you are using is of minimum Windows XP or higher but not any other OS.