Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Gets Official Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update with DDKQ5
- As we mentioned that, all the data like Contacts, SMS, Pictures, Songs and Videos will be erased if these are stored in the phone. Kindly don’t backup the data with the help of the KIES as it creates the backup in the (.sbu) format which sometimes has issues in restoring the same as KIES sometimes doesn’t recognize the phone. So, it’s recommended strictly that backup the contacts as well as the SMS by referring the below mentioned links.
- Also, since the APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings too will be lost in the due course of the process of updation, you need to backup / note them as well. APN Settings are responsible for the Internet access while the MMS Settings are responsible for sending the MMS Settings. You can note all these two settings from the path, “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Ensure that all the Security Solutions like Firewalls, Antivirus and also the KIES application is closed completely till the firmware update is done.
- It’s very important to ensure that you have the ADMIN privileges before you proceed to update your phone and also the USB port needs to be open which means that it should have the read / write access so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will have to charge your phone to a minimum of 90% plus so as to ensure that you don’t experience the lesser battery life even after the firmware update. Many users ignore this step which is the root cause on why users face issues of battery backup even after updating with the firmware.
- Never interrupt the process of firmware update manually, just in case if it gets interrupted by power failure then no need to worry as all you need to do is to just follow the instructions again from the start which are mentioned in the next page.
- So, in the next page let’s get started with the actual procedure on how you can install the same on your phone. Please note that all the download links are mentioned in the article, so kindly find for the same.