The Samsung Galaxy Core was one of the very neat mid-range Galaxy series smartphone from Samsung, and it had gained some popularity against the competitor Sony Xperia M for the camera and the screen. Now, the company has announced the successor of it, with the Samsung Galaxy Core Advance with a 4.7-inch display being announced. The new smartphone comes with three physical buttons on the front bottom unlike the one home button that is seen in most of the other Galaxy devices.
The 4.7-inch display of the Galaxy Core Advance has a WVGA display with the screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Internally, the device is powered by a Dual-core processor clocking at 1.2 GHz, and thus except for the screen size, everything else looks quite the same because the Galaxy Core had the same display resolution as well as the processor. There is 1GB of RAM and an internal storage of 8GB with the storage expansion possible to 64GB with the MicroSD card. It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Camera wise too there is no difference as the Galaxy Core Advance has a 5-megapixel rear auto-focus camera with the LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel VGA front facing camera. Samsung has done a little improvement to the battery capacity, where the Advance has a 2000 mAh battery (the Core had an 1800 mAh one). This is a single-SIM variant with the 3G connectivity with a plethora of other options to connect to the Internet and other devices around.
Now, the actual good things start here. The Galaxy Core Advance has got a few good features which would be helpful in the accessibility and usability. These include:
- Optical scan: This technology would scan the image and read out the text by recognizing it
- Light sensor: The light sensing technology uses the phone’s camera to sense the light direction and brightness
- Instant voice recorder: Very easy and simplified access to make quick voice notes
- TTS (Text to speech) functionality as well as Voice guided camera functions to take the pictures by speaking out the number of faces to be recognized and their standing location
- Screen curtain: Operate commands on blank screen to ensure privacy and saving battery life
Apart from these, Samsung is including the standard Samsung smart features such as S Voice, S Translator, Sound & Shot, Group Play and Easy Mode in the device interface to enhance the user experience. The color options available are Deep Blue and Pearl White, but the details about the pricing and availability of the Galaxy Core Advance are not available for now. The expected time is early 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Core Advance Specifications
- 4.7-inch capacitive touchscreen
- WVGA display, 480 x 800 pixels screen resolution
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable to 64GB with MicroSD card
- 5-megapixel Autofocus rear camera, LED flash
- VGA front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS with Glonass
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Dimensions – 133.3 x 70.5 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 145g