Procedure to Update Galaxy FIT S5670 with ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
Before proceeding, you need to Root and Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 as without which you cannot apply this update of Cyanogen Mod 9 a.k.a ICS Android 4.0 firmware.
- First up you need to download the Cyanogen MOD 9 package from here to your computer. Once you are done with it, connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now, copy the downloaded zip file to your device’s SD Card and disconnect the phone from your computer to turn Off your phone for entering the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- It will take around 10 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” so that the device is re booted successfully.
Tip: Restore all the data which you have taken the backup before and also ensure that you have also restored the APN settings which are responsible for accessing the internet. If the device enters in the boot loop mode then you need to again apply the firmware by following the above steps.
So as soon as the firmware I updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and there you go you have now successfully updated the latest version of ICS Android 4.0 in the form of Cyanogen Mod 9 update. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below, we will try to fix the same at the earliest.