Great news for all the users of Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 as an all new version of ICS Android 4.0 firmware is being developed by many third party developers, though this ICS build is still under beta stage, we are now pretty sure that very soon a fully working build of ICS for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 will be there. In the mean while in this article, we will be discussing about on how you can update your device with the Beta 3 version of ICS which is developed by one of the famous developer Macław. Please note that in the due course of this article, we will be checking out on the list of things which work, don’t work and also the coming bugs which will be addressed in the coming versions. This all new update of Ice Cream Sandwich is dubbed as Android 4.0.3 firmware.
Please be informed that this version of firmware is not yet released by Samsung Electronics. Unfortunately, Samsung has refused to come out with any probable Value Pack or an ICS Update for Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 Android phone. Please note that this firmware is still a half-baked version and may not be a firmware which you can use it on a daily basis. Over the next coming days, the new stable versions will be out which will be covered on AndroidAdvices.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article.
CAUTION: This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
So, let’s proceed and check out on what are the things which come in this firmware version followed by the screen captures on how this Beta ICS looks like with the help of screen captures.
- Device must be at least have the firmware of Gingerbread 2.3.3 and above,
- Minimum Charge should be at least 60% +,
- Requires Root Access
- Touchscreen (multitouch)
- graphic (hack performance on kernel)
- headset (only stock headset or headset with same jack ( 4 pin ))
- auto rotation sensor
- proximity sensor
- live wallpaper (Dont use LW pre-installed, use from market)
- compass (calibrate problem)
- wifi tether (using wifi tether 3.1)
- usb tether (using wired tether 1.4)
- mobile data
- Default keyboard
- Usb storage
- Fix market and browser download
- Partly HW acceleration (some time screen is low at flicker)
- signal indicator is always full or none
- reboots with sim-card (only some users)
- graphic glitches on some games (Angry Birds, Cut the Rope etc. works great)
- 3-pin headset not working
Screen Captures of ICS Android 4.0.3 on Samsung Galaxy GIO:
Let’s head to the next page for detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware in your phone.
Pages: 1 2