Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 – Steps to Install Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVT Firmware
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Gingerbread XXJVT 2.3.5:
- First up download the Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVT Firmware Zip file which contains all the ingredients in your computer and then you need to extract he same in your computer. Please note that in the process of unzipping, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Once you are done with the extraction, you will have to now match with the extracted files which are mentioned in the below screen capture. Please note that if at all if there are any files which are missing then you will have to again re download and unzip the same from the above mentioned link.
- So, now considering the fact you have followed the list of pre requisites and also the above mentioned check, you now need to turn Off your phone and need to open the Odin flash tool in your computer.
- Now after this you will have to turn your mobile ON in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button . Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode. Please note that it’s not recommended to proceed if you are not entering into the download mode.
- Once you enter into the download mode, you now need to connect the phone with the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. Now, once you have successfully connected the phone you will see that the ID: COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers which are required for the firmware update has been successfully updated and you are now ready to proceed to the firmware update.
- Up next select files in Odin as per the below mentioned manner in the corresponding options.
PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit
PDA – CODE_I9000XXJVT_CL617736_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5,
CSC – GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5
- Now, after selecting the files, check with the same and click on the “Start” tab to start the process of firmware update. As soon as you click on the “Start” you will see that the process of the firmware update begins after which you will have to wait till the firmware updates gets done. In the process of firmware update ensure that you are not interrupting the process of firmware update or else you may face issues like phone not turning ON.
- So, once the firmware update is done, you will see that the phone will be re started and then you will be asked to enter the Google account credentials as well as the Language preferences. Now, after this you need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by
- After entering the recovery mode, you will have to choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option. Please note that you will have to ensure that you don’t select any other options or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. Please note that its utmost important to follow this step or else you will have to face force close errors.
- If you are unable to access the internet after the firmware update then you will have to re configure the APN Settings which can be done from the path Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Just in case if you forgot to backup then you will have to contact your service provider so that the settings can be configured manually as the settings vary from place and operator you are on.
So, in this way you have successfully applied the update of Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVT on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phone. Do let us know just in case if you face any difficulties in updating in the comments section as we will try to sort out the same as soon as possible.