Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with ICS 4.0 Android Firmware:
- First up you need to follow the below two procedures which are mentioned below. It’s important for your phone to be on the XXJVT 2.3.5 Firmware and also you need to root your phone before you proceed.
- Now, you need to download the Ice Cream Sandwich for SGS Zip package to your computer and after which you need to connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable which you got at the time of purchase without renaming or modifying the downloaded zip file.
- As soon as you place the file, ensure that you don’t place the file deep into any sub folders or else you will face issues in selecting the file in recovery mode. Once file is placed, remove the USB cable which is connected to the computer.
- After rooting the phone, you now need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer the below mentioned video for knowing more on how to enter the recovery mode.
- As soon as you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select the option of “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD Card” after which you will see the list of files which are there in the phone.
- Here now you need to select the file which is named as “” and after which the update procedure will be started. You will see that once the update process is done you will be again landed back to the recovery screen.
- Now, in the recovery screen select the option of “++++ Go back ++++” to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the phone. So, as soon as the phone is restarted you will see that the phone will be on the alpha build of Ice Cream Sandwich. Please note that just in case if you face any issues after turning the device ON, get into the recovery mode first and then you will have to select the options like “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” after which select the option of “reboot system now” as this will clear out all the data which is there in the cache. Also, don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial pre requisite steps.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort all your issues out.