For all those who are waiting for the latest version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware version developed and released by Team Hacksung, here’s a great news for all you as after we saw on how you can install the Build 5, Build 8 , Build 10 & Build 13, it’s now time for use to come with an all new version of Build 14. The reason it got delayed is because we were waiting for an all new build of Build 15 of ICS Android 4.0 which is pegged to be much more stable than ever compared to last versions as some major changes will be seen in this version.
Note: Please note that this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you are eager to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware. Also, this version of ICS is not an Official version of firmware released by Samsung Electronics and is developed by third party developer.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully. This update can only be applied to the devices whose phones bear model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
- Keeping things simple, you need to follow the express pre requisite instructions mentioned below after which you need to proceed to the next page where we have summed up the detailed procedure on how to update this firmware in your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked in your phone.
- Ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Uninstall all the security suites as well as other firewall tools in your phone so as to ensure that these tools don’t interrupt the process of firmware update.
Let’s head to the next page for procedure.
Procedure to Update ICS Build 14 on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
- Before proceeding, ensure that you are on the rooted firmware of XXJVU 2.3.6 firmware with the help of below mentioned links. Just in case if you are already on this firmware then you can skip the below mentioned steps and proceed to the second step.
- Now, next up you need to Download Build 14 ICS Package, Google Apps v7.1, Face Unlock & Google Apps Fixer from here to your computer. Once you have downloaded all these in your phone, you then need to proceed to connect your phone to computer so as to copy these 4 files to your phone’s internal memory.
- Once you have copied all the 4 files, you need to now remove the connected USB cable and turn off the phone to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by “Pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON the device”. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which you need to select the Build 14 ICS Package, Google Apps v7.1, Face Unlock & Google Apps Fixer.
- So, as soon as all the files are processed one by one in the recovery mode the device will be again be booted up in the recovery mode. The device will take around 20 minutes for updating the device.
- In recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Galaxy S.
So congratulations, you are now on the latest version of Build 14 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.