Procedure to Update Galaxy S with Build 10 ICS Android 4.0 Firmware:
- Before proceeding, you need to ensure that you are on the rooted firmware.
Note: You can be on any of the Rooted firmware apart from the above mentioned one.
- Download ICS Android 4.0 Build 10 Package, Google Apps & Face Unlock Feature package in your computer. Once you download the same, connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- After this, you need to copy all of these Zip packages in your phone by connecting device with the computer using the original USB cable. Disconnect the phone which is connected from the computer and then turn Off the device so as to enter into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by “Pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON the device”. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache.
- Now in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which you need to select the ICS Android 4.0 Build 10 Package, Google Apps & Face Unlock Feature package one after other in the mentioned order.
- It will take up to 10 minutes to finish the process of updation. Once the device is updated successfully, you will again land up on the recovery mode.
- Again in the recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will reboot the phone.
So, there you go you have successfully applied the update of ICS Android 4.0 firmware Beta 10 update. Let us know if you face any issues in the comments section below.
Credits : Team Hacksung & pawitp