Procedure to Update Galaxy S with Build 13 of ICS Android 4.0 Firmware:
- First up you need to be on the rooted firmware, you can probably update with the XXJVU firmware and then you can root the same from the below mentioned links.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked in your phone.
- Assuming that you are now on the rooted firmware, you now need to Download ICS Build 13 Package, Google Apps along with the Face Unlock Package from here to your computer.
- Up next, copy all of these 3 Zip packages in your phone by connecting device to computer using USB cable. Disconnect the phone which is connected from the computer and then turn Off the device so as to enter into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by “Pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON the device”. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which you need to select the ICS Android 4.0 Build 13 Package, Google Apps & Face Unlock Feature package one after other in the mentioned order.
- It will take up to 8 minutes to finish the process of updation. Once the device is updated successfully, you will again land up on the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Galaxy S.
- At any point of time if the process gets stuck at any stage or say if the phone get in the reboot loop, you need to reinsert the battery and apply the update once again for updating with this version successfully.
Congratulations, you are now on the latest ICS Android 4.0 Build 13 firmware. Do let us know if you face any issues as we will try our level best to address the same.
Credits & Developers : Team Hacksung & pawitp