Build 15 of ICS 4.0.3 firmware by team hacksung has arrived and in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same. Please note that this is not an Official firmware launched by Samsung Electronics and there is no ETA on by when an Official version of Value Pack or Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 firmware will be arriving. Over the last few days, we have covered various versions which are Build 5, Build 8, Build 10, Build 13 & Build 14. Please note that still this version has some bugs and will be solved in the coming versions for which developer hasn’t provided any ETA. From the sources we understand that within a week, there will be an all new build of 16 which will be much more stable than the last version.
Note: Please note that this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you are eager to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware. Also, this version of ICS is not an Official version of firmware released by Samsung Electronics and is developed by third party developer.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully. This update can only be applied to the devices whose phones bear model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Enable USB Debugging in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked in your phone.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
- Uninstall all the security as well as antivirus suites installed in your computer so as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Known Issues in Build 15:
- Camera does not support scene modes
- FM Radio does not work.
- Phone unnecessarily gets data connection on device encryption password enter screen.
- Cannot format external SD *
- Android OS battery usage display higher than normal.
- Sometime wrong SMS selected for forwarding
- Format internal instead of external SD when requested to format ext. SD
- Transfer speed slows down when screen off
- Gallery face glow FCs
- Screenshot shutter sound
- Camera crashes when changing resolution
- TV Out using HW-decoding (probably won’t be fixed)
- Sim Toolkit (probably won’t be fixed)
- No camera focus mode setting
- Back camera does not record geotagging
- Compass doesn’t work in Google Maps v6
- Unable to dial “0001” in some regions
- Regression in BUILD 15: Superuser application crashes (fix)
- Slow USB transfer speed for some people
- Bootloop after disabling boot animation (unverified)
Bugs / Issues Fixed in Build 15 ICS:
- Duplicate entries in MediaScanner (will only prevent new duplicates, need to clear data to get rid of old duplicates)
- Regression in BUILD 14: Screen flicker while turning off
- Regression in BUILD 14: adb turns off every reboot
- Mute-unmute needed on some calls (hopefully)
- Notification power widget uncustomizable (now integrated into Settings)
- Reboot into recovery on crash (it will still reboot, just not into recovery)
- Unreliable Wi-Fi on screen off (hopefully)
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we will check on how to apply this Build 15 firmware in your phone.