Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 – Steps to Install Cyanogen mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 users can now easily update their phones with the latest beta 7 version of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware with the help of some simple steps which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. Please be informed that this is not an official firmware update released by Samsung Electronics and also there won’t be any official updates for this device which is a very unfortunate event. But not to worry as constant coverage on updates can be found over here on Android Advices. Since it’s a beta firmware, there will be some bugs, but as in when the time progresses, we will get to see many updates which will fix the issues if at all there are any. Please note that this firmware will only work on the rooted devices.
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- HW acceleration (full)
- All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
- CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
- Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
- Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
- Facebook sync
- Buttons backlight
- BLN support
- GMail fully works
- Browser fully works
- ICS keyboard
- Games – works as smoothly as on Gingerbread
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
- Native Android mass storage
- Without flickering
- Almost working HW video acceleration
- Smooth YT (LQ right now)
- Live Wallpapers
Change log of Beta 7:
- New Adreno200 libraries for ICS
- Fast and smooth system
- Live Wallpapers working – won’t slow down your system, like on Gingerbread! (I’m using Phase Beam, it’s beautiful)
- Gallery and calculator fully working all the time
- Gmail working without any problem
- Browser working really good (smooth and fast)
- All apps with graphic problems, like Power amp, now working without any
- Updated AOSP/CM9 sources
- (development info) New gralloc and hwcomposer
- Updated Macław’s audio libriaries
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: For applying this ICS Cyanogen mod 9 update, you need to root the device and once you root the device, the warranty will get lost. The only way with which you can regain the lost warranty is by reapplying the official update.
- All the data present in your Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 handset should be backed up only with the help of below mentioned options. Don’t make use of KIES to back up the data as KIES won’t support the custom ROM firmwares. In the process of the firmware update, there is a possibility that the data may get lost or corrupted.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in Galaxy mini S5570 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
So, once you finish following all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed list of tutorial which you need to follow so as to update your Galaxy mini S5570.