Procedure to Update Galaxy mini with Gingerbread 2.3.6:
- First up you need to download the Gingerbread 2.3.6 JVKT1 Zip Package in your computer and then extract the same. In the process of firmware update, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- As soon as the files are extracted, you will then have to match with the below image. Just in case even if single file is missing then you need to check with the download and extraction of files.
- Now, from the extracted files, you need to open the Odin executable tool in your computer and then turn Off the phone. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below video to know more.
- Once you enter into download mode, connect the device to the computer while keeping the Odin opened in your computer with the help of USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. As soon as you connect, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow. After this, in Odin click on the below mentioned corresponding options and choose the files from the extracted folder.
OPS – TASS_v1.0.ops,
Boot – APBOOT_S5570JVKT1_CL703231_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_S5570XWKT2_CL698112_REV02.tar.md5
CSC – GT-S5570-MULTI-CSC-OJVKT1.tar.md5
- Once you select all the files which are mentioned above, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will be restarted on its own and that’s it you have now successfully updated the firmware of the Galaxy mini s5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.6 version of firmware.
- To check whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, you need to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as JVKT1 2.3.6 Gingerbread version.
- So, now just in case if you are facing issues like force close etc. then you will have to first remove the connected USB cable and turn Off the phone.
- Now, in the turn Off mode you need to press the Home Key and then simultaneously press the power button to start he device in the recovery mode. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Reminder: Don’t forget to restore back the APN as well as MMS Settings along with other things which you have created the backup of to access internet and send MMS Messages respectively. If you don’t restore the APN Settings then you will not be able to access the Internet in your phone via EDGE / 3G.
Tip: Just in a rare case, if the firmware is not updated successfully then you need to again follow the above mentioned steps so as to update again from the Odin.
So, in this way you have successfully learnt on how to update the Galaxy mini S5560 with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 version of firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the issues at the earliest.
Pages: 1 2