Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 Android device can now be updated with the official version of Lollipop 5.0 dubbed as XXUEBOB2. Samsung India has just started pushing this update as OTA to all the Note 3 users. This new update comes with the goodness of all features which are otherwise available to the Nexus devices. Just in case if you haven’t still got this update yet, you can manually update with this update using the simple procedure which we will be checking out.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner as this is the official firmware released by Samsung.
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of KIES PC Suite in your computer.
- Make sure that the battery left in your device is at least 50% or else device may turn Off in a midst of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings> Developer Options”. If you can’t see the “Developer options” option, you need to tap on Build number in About section multiple times to enable Developer options.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have detailed the list of instructions which will help you upgrade your device to this latest OS.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Official Lollipop 5.0:
- Once done, turn Off your Galaxy Note 3 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Galaxy Note 3 N900 can be entered in the download mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In Odin, make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are ticked in Odin and also make sure that the Re-Partition checkbox is also ticked.
- Connect your deice to the computer in Download Mode, you will see that ID:COM section will turn Blue which indicates that device drivers are successfully installed.
- Click on “AP” to select the rooting tar file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Post update, device will be rebooted automatically. It typically takes around a 5 – 6 minutes for whole process as it will be installing all the updates in the new Android 5.0.
- Navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” to know the firmware version which is present in your device. The firmware version will be mentioned as Lollipop 5.0.
Note (Only if your device doesn’t boot or gets in the boot loop mode): If your device doesn’t boot, then just enter your device in the recovery mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy Note 3 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and select the appropriate options to factory reset the device.
Do let us know in the comments section if you come across any issues in the process of firmware update as we will be more than happy to help you