Samsung is on an update spree for its family of devices and when it’s now time for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE version to get the taste of Lollipop 5.0 OS. This new version of update can only be applied to the Snapdragon 800 variant of Galaxy Note 3 which bears the model as N9005 and is currently available for the countries like Poland, Vodafone variants in UK, Czech Republic, Germany and Romania. This firmware update version is XXUGBOB6. This update will soon be pushed to the device via OTA very soon.
Just earlier, we saw on how you can update your N900 variant of Note 3 with the Lollipop update and this one just adds up the list for 5.0 Updates for Samsung.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner or void the warranty as this is the official firmware released by Samsung.
All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps or with KIES tool in your computer.
Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings> Developer Options”. Tap on Build number in About section multiple times to enable Developer options.
Battery left in your device should be at least 50%.
So assuming that all the above mentioned pre requisites are followed, let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the instructions which will help you apply this update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE with Official Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Download Odin and Android 5.0 firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer.
- Open odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- Galaxy Note 3 N900 can be entered in the download mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable while keeping Odin opened. In Odin, Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be ticked and also Re-Partition checkbox should be ticked.
- Click on “AP” to select the rooting tar file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for the device to get the update.
- Once the device is updated, the device will reboot and check out on the firmware from about section. Navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” to know the firmware which will be shown as Android 5.0 LRX21V.N9005XXUGBOB6.
Note: If your Note 3 doesn’t boot up or say if it gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to enter the device in the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues while updating the device with the Lollipop 5.0 Android update.