Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 – Steps to Install XXKJ1 Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware
With the launch of Galaxy Note N7000, we too are here at Android Advices with the latest firmware version for your Galaxy Note. Just in case if this is your first Android device then we welcome you to the Android family and would request you to bookmark this site of www.androidadvices.com as we are here to solve and guide for all your queries related to any of your Android devices. So, coming to the Galaxy Note N7000 we will look in the due course of this article on how you can update the Note but it’s very important that you follow the instructions mentioned very carefully or else there is a probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
This firmware update can be applied by all the users who have the Galaxy Note N7000, the only condition being is that you should not be having a device which is a network locked device which means that it shouldn’t be a contract device. This all new firmware for the Galaxy Note N7000 is dubbed as XXKJ1 which is the Gingerbread 2.3.5 version.
Note: The firmware update which is dubbed as XXKJ1 is not the Official update which is released by Samsung Electronics and is the beta version which got leaked from the house of Samsung. Also, this update is the manual update, so we will be updating with the tool called the odin and not the KIES which is generally the place where the automatic official updates are pushed.
For all those users who have already purchased the phone and rooted then after applying this update, the root access will be revoked. Applying this firmware will in no manner will root device so be rest assured about the same. Also, just in case if you wish to root your Samsung Galaxy Note then we will also soon come up with the article wherein you can easily root your Galaxy Note smart phone or tablet whatever you would like to say.
Disclaimer: We at Android ADVICES have ensured in all respects to ensure that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Tab which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
So, first up straight away proceed with the list of pre requisites which you need to follow before proceeding to follow the instructions to update but before that let’s check out on what are the minor fixes which have been done in this.
Enhancements in Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXKJ1:
- Backlight bug has been fixed,
- Android Market Place now supports almost all the apps excluding the ones which are supposedly for tablets,
- Internet browser in the Stock version have been updated,
- Force close errors in the dialer has now been fixed,
- Over heating of the phone after playing the Asphalt HD game has been fixed,
- Samsung Apps now comes with increased number of supported apps
- Ensure that you have taken a backup of the data which is there in your device as this version of XXKJ1 is the wipe version of the firmware and will wipe off all the data which is present in the phone. So, just in case if you have lost any data then you can easily restore the same by following the instructions which are mentioned below.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Once the backup is successfully taken, you need to ensure that you have successfully charged your phone to the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get switched Off in the process of the firmware application.
- Ensure that you have disabled the Antivirus tools, Firewalls and PC Suite softwares like KIES as these tools tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update process.