After Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 and Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 got the recent Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update, how can Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 can be left behind in terms of Gingerbread 2.3.6 update. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 update which is dubbed as XXKKA update. Since it’s a global update, anyone with their Galaxy Note irrespective of the region and the current firmware update can proceed with this update. Also, soon a new beta version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 will be available for Galaxy SL I9003 which too we will be covering on androidadvices.com. Though there is not any Official version of ICS Android 4.0 but yes there will be an Official ICS Update for Galaxy Note in 2012.
Please note that the only condition is that you need to ensure that you don’t apply this update on the network locked devices. Network locked devices means the devices which only work on single network and not on any other network.
Just in case if you missed, you can now Win Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
So, coming back to the point over a period of this article we will first see on what are the list of quick pre requisites you need to follow and then followed by the instructions to apply this update of Gingerbread 2.3.6. Please note that this update is not an Official update released by Samsung Electronics Ltd. and also after applying this update, the KIES won’t support the device as this update is not the KIES release.
- Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner, so you will not lose the warranty which is the case if you root the phone.
- Just in case if you have already rooted the Galaxy note N7000 then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked and you can claim back the lost warranty.
- Since after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked, we will soon come up with the rooting article to root Galaxy Note on XXKKA Gingerbread 2.3.6
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
So assuming that you have followed the list of instructions mentioned in the above link, you now need to proceed to the next page where we will see on how to apply this update of XXKKA Gingerbread 2.3.6 on your Galaxy Note N7000.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with XXKKA Gingerbread 2.3.6:
- Download XXKKA Gingerbread 2.3.6 Zip Package in your computer and unzip the same to the desktop. In the process of unzipping you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as ”androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- After this you need to match the extracted files with the below mentioned image. The file which you have downloaded should be of 486 MB. If there is any mismatch then you need to check with the extraction or download of files.
- From extracted files, open the Odin executable file and turn Off your Galaxy Note. Now, you need to turn ON your Galaxy Note N7000 in the download Mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below Video for more on how to enter Download Mode in Galaxy Note.
- Once the Note is turned ON in the download mode, with the help of USB Cable connect the phone with the computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer.
- As soon as all the drivers are installed successfully, the ID : COM section in odin will turn yellow after which proceed to the next step to select the files.
DANGER: Don’t proceed to the next step if the ID : COM Section doesn’t turn Yellow!
- Click on “PDA” to select the file which is named as “N7000XXKKA_N7000OXXKK6_N7000XXKK5_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as you click on “Start” it will take up to 6 minutes to finish the updating process.
- Once the firmware update is done, the device will be restarting on its own and then you will be prompted to enter the Google account settings as well as the Language settings after which you will see the home screen.
- To check whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, go to the path of “Applications > Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will see the update version of XXKKA
For users facing FORCE CLOSE ISSUES:
- Just in case if you are facing issues like force close errors in your phone then you need to turn off the phone and then you need to enter into the recovery mode.
- Now, turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Center button and simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Tip: Just in case if the power goes Off or the process of firmware update is interrupted due to un avoidable reasons, then reinsert the battery, again enter into the download mode to follow the instructions from the start again. No need to panic.
So, in this way you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note to the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKKA Update. Let us know if you face any issues in the comments section below.