Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 – Steps to Update with Official Indian ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
Your wait comes to an End as very soon Indian users of SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone users will be witnessing the official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 firmware via KIES. But we managed to get hold of this firmware which will be pushed via KIES. So just in case if you are on any of the beta firmwares or say on the custom ROM firmwares, then you will not be getting the update via KIES as it doesn’t recognize the device on the beta or custom ROM firmwares. The only way with which you can apply the update is manually which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. Please note that this article should not be applied by the users of I9100G Galaxy S2 smartphones. We will keep I9100G users posted once update arrives on AndroidAdvices.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this firmware the rooting access will be revoked.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t require your Galaxy S2 to be pre rooted, even the non-rooted phones can be applied with this firmware.
- Very soon, immediately after this article we will be coming up with an article which will help you to root your Galaxy S2 on XXLPQ firmware.
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update since it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed instructions on how to apply this official leaked firmware of ICS 4.0.3 in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100.