Samsung launched the Galaxy S4 LTE-A with a Snapdragon 800 processor in Korea way back in the month of June, the Galaxy S4 Active was announced in the same venue but featured with a Snapdragon 600 processor. Now Samsung released the Samsung Active (SHV-E470S) in Korea, but with a Snapdragon 800 processor and LTE-Advanced support.
This Smartphone is sturdy with IP67 certification for Dust and Water Resistance. The Glove Touch sensitivity lets you access the touch screen with gloves and hardware buttons are been included for menu, home and back. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for the other markets had mostly the same stuff internally.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has a faster processor and connectivity up to 150 mbps, it also comes out with an improved camera of 13 MP instead of an 8 MP which is as good as the other flagship models like Galaxy S4 and Note 3 and the storage has been doubled to 32 GB instead of 16 GB. The rest all are same.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (SHV-E470S) Key Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) full HD TFT LCD display at 443 ppi
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Zero Shutter Lag, BSI and Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 139.7 x 44.3 x 5.7 mm; Weight: 147g
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (HT80), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
- 2600 mAh Battery
The Galaxy S4 Active comes in White and Grey variants and is priced at 890000 won ($855, Rs. 52,570) and will go on sale through SK Telecom in Korea from today. There is no word on the international launch of this handset yet but could happen very soon. So are you waiting for the launch of the device internationally? Will get back soon with the launch date. Stay connected and comment to know more.