The default Gmail application present on your Android mobile phone is very good to see and serve as the purpose of reading your email on your mobile itself. But there are certain limitations with that Gmail application on Android. Among those limitations one such you will find is the issue with attachment which can’t be download. Yeah! The attachment will be shown in the email but it’s just the preview is made available but no download of it. The attachment like excel, docs, mp3 or pdf are preview on to your phone but can’t be downloaded. Added an exception you can actually download any image attachment easily in your Gmail. Many users would love to work on your Gmail on your phone just like they do it on their computer. So is there any way to download other attachment files like excel, docs, mp3 or pdf?
I am sure Android and the Gmail team will be working out to soon fix this issue. So in the near future Android default Gmail application will support download of attachments as in the similar way that you can do it on your PC. Alternatively you can resolve the issue on your mobile itself. It’s simple and requires no other trick to be performed. You know that Google mails can also be accessed using your browser as well by pointing it to gmail.com and that will do it for you. Here is how the complete procedure of it goes –
- Open the Browser application (Browser) on your mobile phone.
- In the URL field provide http://gmail.com. You can also use https for security connection.
- Type in your Google login credentials and tap on login.
- Now open the email which contains the attachment.
- Now you have the option to touch and download the attachment to your phone. The file location can be set to your SD card too.
That’s it the attachment can be viewed from the folder where you have save the file.