In a recent development from the Sony Ericsson, it was pleasure to hear that it gave a clarification on what devices will be receiving the updates. So, in the sue course of this article we will check out about the same. This news comes in as a great respite for all those who were eagerly waiting for an update from the Sony Ericsson. After the recent news about the buyout of Sony Ericsson by none other than Sony, we can only hope that things go better with the time and Sony will come out with much more innovation not only in the multimedia front but also on the hardware as well as on the updates front. This update will be dubbed as the Gingerbread 2.3.4 version of firmware.
Sony also promised that it will be soon coming out with flurry of other devices which is all set to shake up the mobile market as all of the products are under testing and will soon be unveiled. According to our close sources in the Sony, Sony has mentioned that they will soon be revamping their whole mobile solutions category and will be refreshing the mobile handset space at the earliest. So, let’s get to the point and see on what are the devices which will be getting the update.
The phones which will get the firmware updates are:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play,
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini,
Please be informed that Sony has only mentioned that it will be in a position to push the updates only for the device which are not the network locked devices, for all the devices which are operator locked will be getting updates from the Operator.
So, the things which will be getting a facelift and also the things which will be new in this update are mentioned in the below. There are whole lot of updates and enhancements which are there in the new Gingerbread update which will be rolling out. Till now Sony hasn’t come out with a statement about the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 roll out on any of its Android smart phones. But not to worry and we from androidadvices we assure you that we will soon come up with the articles with which you can be able to update your phones with the Android 4.0 update.
Enhancements in New Upcoming updates:
- Google Talk will be powered with the Video and Voice talk capability,
- Facebook App for Xperia will be enhanced and will become much more powerful than ever,
- All the phones will be powered with the Panoramic sweep capability within their camera application,
- All the phones will be powered with the 16x Video Zoom capability which is another best feature which will be coming with this update,
- The battery life will be optimized so as to meet your requirements which means that we can expect a marginal increase on the battery backup.
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson Live Dock multimedia station. One can also connect the smartphone with the Television via the HDMI Slot to get a big screen experience.
- Gesture input as well as the Wi Fi DLNA along with the Screen capture capability too are going to be infused with this update.
Stay tuned to Android Advices for more as we will bring about all the latest action about all the updates. Just in case if you need any more help or support regarding to the updates for your phone, then do let us know in the comments section as we will try our level best to come out with the same.