Sony Ericsson Xperia mini Pro – Steps to Update with 2.3.7 Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini Pro users can now enjoy the magic of the latest Cyanogen Mod update. This latest cyanogen update comes at a time when we last discussed about ICS update, this custom ROM article is in line with our initiative to provide you with an array of custom ROM choices so that you can make the most out of it. Please note that this update is not an official update released by Sony Ericsson and we also have no updates on by this 2.3.7 update will be rolled out officially.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Sony Ericsson Xperia mini Pro which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
- Please be informed that Rooting Voids the warranty
- For all those who are worried about the Rooting of the device, though the warranty gets lost the same can be regained by applying the official firmware again.
In the due course of this article we will also check out on what are the list of quick pre requisites followed by the procedure to install Cyanogen Mod 7 update in your device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all the data present in your phone so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging in your phone which can be done from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up all the instructions.