Sony Tablet S Gets ICS Android 4.0 Official Update in US
So finally users who are awaiting the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on their devices would be happy to see how the month of April 2012 progress as many handsets received the updates.
Sony, after updating Xperia Ray, Xperia Neo V and Xperia S smartphone, it turns out to be Sony Tablet S which has received the Android 4.0 update. These update to Tablet S was promised along with the other Sony smartphone and as promised the high price tablet receive this update. These updates been rolled out first to United States users. Earlier Sony Tablet was on the Android 3.2.1 Honeycomb operating system but with this update you will see Android 4.0.3 as the OS version on your tablet.
This Android 4.0 update for Sony Tablet S comes with the known features like Face unlock, exclusive data usage, panoramic picture capture, record and takes videos at the same time and importantly there is much improvement in the user interface as well. The following are the new features included the update –
- Enhanced lock screen with direct access to notification
- Face unlock feature too available
- Panoramic picture camera shoot
- Direct SD card access and photo editing tool
- Calculator, Browser, Remote control moved to Small Apps folder
- Reduced clutter on the home screen
- New home screen options of drag and drop to create folders
- Comes with Enhanced web browser
- Comes with detailed data usage
- Native screenshot capture using the Volume and power button.
Since these are the OTA update, you will or would have received the update notification on your mobile phone. So you just need to pull down the notification SMS and then click on Install to proceed with the installation. If you haven’t received any update notifications then you can head to Menu > Settings > About Phone and then tap on Software update to check out for the update. Please make sure that you have created a backup of the existing application on your tablet as during this firmware upgrade your tablet will lose all the date present on your Sony Tablet S. Also make sure that you proceed with this update over Wi Fi network as the package for upgrade is of larger file size.