Ahem! If you have ever thought that if Samsung device is the easiest to root, update and customize, then you got to think over this statement as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can actually install the latest firmware for your SONY Tablet S device with just a click. We saw that most of the Android devices has a lengthy procedure for applying the firmware update, but the method which we will be checking out will actually cut down all the steps and with just a click you can install the latest firmware. So, let’s proceed to the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update with the help of details guide below. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer for coming up with this one click firmware update tool.
Though there are tons of custom ROM firmwares and Customization options for SONY Tablet S, it’s very necessary for you to root the device as once the device is rooted, you can then make changes as per your needs. Officially there is no word on by when there will be an official firmware of Jellybean 4.2.1 built but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware developers who are working hard for coming out with this firmware update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your SONY Tablet S smart tablet so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t create a backup of all your data with the help of ROM Manager as it may completely brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Minimum charge left in your device should be more than 40% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So, let’s proceed to the next step wherein you can apply this firmware update in your device once you have followed all the above mentioned pre requisite instructions.
Procedure to Update SONY Tablet S Firmware with the Latest Version:
- First you will have to make sure that your device is rooted and to check the same, to check the same, download Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you can root your device with the help of below mentioned steps,
- Now, once the device is rooted successfully, download the SONY Tablet S Upgrade Tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the downloaded zip file to follow the on screen instructions as we have shown in the below screen capture.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted. To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will see that the current firmware version as Jellybean version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then long press the power button to turn off and then re follow the instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. We will come up with many other firmwares in the coming days for SONY Tablet S.