Sony has announced its Xperia A2 (SO-04F) in their 2014 summer lineup and will be the successor to the Xperia A (SO-04E). This handset is an enhanced version of the Xperia Z1f and will be coming with the Triluminos Display with X-Reality engine. The device has a matte back unlike the glass back and its 20.7 MP camera comes with Sony G lens with f/2.0 aperature, custom 1/2.3” Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine. The device will run on Docomo’s extra high speed next-generation LTE service, Xi (Crossy), but it will be lacking the VoLTE support.
The Sony Xperia A2 comes with a 4.3 inch Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles, with a pixel resolution of 1280 x 720, and will be running on Android 4.4 KitKat Operating System. The device is powered by a 2.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) processor coupled with 2 GB of RAM. There is a 2300 mAh battery with STAMINA mode on the back of the device to power it.
The Sony Xperia A2 has a 20.7 MP front facing camera capable of 1080p video recording and a 2.2 MP front facing camera with 720p video recording. The on-board memory of the device is at 16 GB that can be extended up to 32 GB via microSD card slot. The connectivity option of the device includes, Xi LTE, Wi-Fi 820.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC. The Handset is IP55/IP58 rated for dust and water resistance.
Specifications of Sony Xperia A2 (SO-0AF)
- 4.3 inch Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolutions
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 2 GB RAM
- 20.7 MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording.
- 2.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p video recording
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card slot
- Connectivity: Xi LTE, Wi-Fi 820.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with STAMINA mode
- 9.7 mm thick and weighs 138 grams
The Sony Xperia A2 will be coming in White, Gray Black, Orange and Lavender colour options and will be available from NTT Docomo from mid June this year. There was no word on the pricing of the device.