After various Sony powered Smart Phones received the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system upgrades last month, now its time for the Xperia P to get the love of the ICS. This announcement comes officially from the Sony Mobiles team via their blog. All the Sony Xperia P users might have received notification on their mobile phone saying the Android 4.0 update is available. Here is the change log and the information on what new you can expect from this upgrade.
- Face unlock features is been introduced
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- You get Recent Apps button for clear overview
- New improved media applications like Walkman, Album and Movies.
- Increase the standby time by four times
These software updates are available via the PC Companion tool for the Sony Mobiles. To update users should connect to the PC using the USB cable and then PC Companion will automatically notify for the update available. Then you need to follow the on screen instructions on your device to apply the updates. Once the update is done, you can check them by going through Menu > Settings and About Phone. Its very much recommended for the users to upgrade to this version because this not only increases the performance of your device but also the battery usage and would give you a better experience of the same.
In the following video you can find how you can check the new updates