Sony has started rolling out the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS update to one of the Xperia series phones, the Sony Xperia L which was launched earlier this year. The Android 4.2 update brings in a lot of changes to the OS and interface, and for now, the update is being seen for the devices in India, Indonesia, Philippines and parts of Europe.
The software update 15.3.A.0.26 started from October 29th, brings the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and this is quite a good update as the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version which was present out of the box, had a decent interface but a revamp was much needed. To update the smartphone to the new Android version, there are different ways, and it’s not just the Over-the-air option through which you can update your Sony Xperia L.
Sony Xperia L Android 4.2 Update Change Log
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- Revamped home screen with the options of handling the widgets, shortcuts and apps – having a total of 7 desktop panes and the widgets with auto resizing
- Added features to the Camera app, such as Burst mode
- Updated user interface, with more functionality in the Sony Media apps
- Play Memories integration in the album application, Music Unlimited integration in the walkman application
- New App tray sorting with the search functionality
- A new keyboard
How to update Sony Xperia L to Android 4.2 JB
To update your Sony Xperia L to the latest Android version of its, you can either try the OTA option or do that through your Windows PC or Mac. For the OTA option, you need to go to > Settings > About phone > Software updates > System updates where the update would be available. If you don’t see that, the update hasn’t been sent to your device yet or else you might have to use the PC companion software on your computer and connect your Xperia L to the computer to check for the update and then update through it.
The Sony Xperia L was launched with a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen and a 1 GHz dual-core processor from Qualcomm, and it has got a 8-megapixel camera on the rear side, and there are some good connectivity options included in the device.