The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Sony Xperia SP and the Sony Xperia T Android phones is expected to be released very soon, as suggested by the leaked screenshots, which also showed how the changed interface would look like, and what are the changes that the Xperia SP and Xperia T users would experience. The new firmware build is a certified version and is expected to be sent to the owners before the end of January 2014.
The screenshots of this Android 4.3 in these devices were provided by an XDA member DooMLoRD, and the build certified by the PTCRB has the same build and there are a lot of changes that one would be seeing in the update. According to DooMLoRD, the screenshots are of the real upcoming update, and that there would be new themes and a new home launcher, taking inspiration from the Xperia Z1.
Img source: DooMLoRD from XDA
Major changes in the Android 4.3 Update for Sony Xperia SP & Xperia T
- New and exclusive Daydream feature added to both the devices
- Camera app modified menu with functions like Superior Auto, Manual, Picture effect and Panorama mode
- New themes – Heat, Sunny, Vintage, Xperia Light
- Project Butter
- New UI, based on the home launcher in the latest flagship Xperia Z1
- Application menu user interface changed
- More shortcuts in the lock screen music launcher
- Small apps updated with lots of changes
- New Settings app UI
- New 3D look to the home screen panes
The build number certified for the Android 4.3 for the Sony Xperia SP is 12.1.A.0.256 and that for the Xperia T is 9.2.A.0.278, and there are quite a lot of screenshots leaked, indicating how neat and better the new interface would look.
The rolling out could start from the end of January 2014, and it would be through the OTA option, so the Sony’s built-in software update app could do the job, but the user can choose to the use the Sony PC Companion and Bridge for Mac for the same.