So Samsung is really gets back of its previously launched devices and among the devices which qualify for the Android 4.0 ICS Upgrade includes the long list of devices. They might have upgraded their top end devices like Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note with the Android 4.0 ICS Upgrade but there are many devices still waiting for the upgrade to be delivered.
Here comes the Android Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch on US famous Sprint Wireless network. The new software version is S:D710.10S.FF18 and this will be directly updated to Android 4.0.4 by skipping Android 4.0.3 as earlier received on many devices. Epic 4G Touch users might have got dejected with the Samsung response to the ICS update process but they have all reasons to smile as the new software is finally here. I am sure that this will bring a new life in your smart phone.
These updates will be rolled out from July 13, 2012 via over the air update and it should be available to all the users by this month end. Interestingly Sprint also declared the Buy one get one free offer on Epic 4G smartphone priced at $ 149.99 with mail in rebate from July 15. The following are the improvements and enhancements included the upgrade –
- Refined, beautiful, simple user interface
- This update comes with Face Unlock feature uses the state of art facial recognition technology for unlocking your device, newly introduced in Ice Cream Sandwich pack
- Android Beam is the advanced NFC based application to share apps, contacts, web pages and videos with your friends using the tap and share feature.
- Improved keyboard with accurate typing, spell checker
- Improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned GMail application
- Google + integration with hangout feature to video chat with 10 friends
To check for the update on your devices go through Menu > Settings > About Phone and then tap on Software update. Now tap on Check Now and your phone would be connected to the Samsung servers to check for the update. If Updates are available you would be prompted to download or it would return no updates found, your device is update to date.
Please make sure that you have taken the backup of your phone by any ways that you have done previously before proceeding with the upgrade and its recommended that you proceed with the update when you are connected with Wi-Fi.