How to Tether HTC Chacha as a WiFi Hotspot
HTC Chacha is a brilliantly designed QWERTY layout phone with HTC Sense technology. It comes with a 2.6 inches capacitive touch screen display and it’s a good choice for mid-range of Android phones buyers. Its powered with 800 Mhz processor and runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS. Surely this phone is not a competitor to Samsung Galaxy S and S2 but its can compete with Galaxy Ace and other devices in the same price.
Since this is an Android powered mobile phone it comes with a great feature known as the Wi-Fi Hotspot. For those who don’t know what Wi-Fi hotspot is, it’s a feature on mobile phone wherein you can use your handset as a wireless router to distribute your incoming internet to other Wi-Fi enabled devices. Since this is done on mobile it’s called a mobile tethering and since your mobile is portable you can create portable wireless hotspot.
Tether HTC Chacha as a WiFi Hotspot
Here is the procedure on how to enable Tethering on HTC Chacha mobile phone –
From your HTC Chacha phone click on My Apps.
- Now from various options apps available click on ‘Wi-Fi Hotspot‘.
- Its confirmation on the next step and so click on OK.
- Now you would be automatically taken to the settings of Wi-Fi router wherein you would be asked to provide your Router name which is what would be your network name used as the identification of your Wi-Fi hotspot to other devices.
- Along with that you would also asked to provide password for secured access of your network. The security can be set on very high using the WPA2 AES security level.
- Once you have provided both in the above step you need to tap on to Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot so as to turn on Wi-Fi sharing and make your device visible.
With that now you are sharing your internet incoming data whether its 3G data or any other incoming Wi-Fi signal with other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
And your HTC Chacha has now available as wireless router to be able to distribute internet to other Wi-Fi devices. They need to search Wi-Fi on their phone and they would also need security password for the same. Please note that if you are using 3G for data connection then you would be charged for whole the network access of the connected devices in total. Also make sure to turn off Wi-Fi hotspot whenever not in use.
Note that the mobile tethering on HTC Chacha is one of the highest battery draining components. If you are using mobile tethering for a longer period of time on your phone you would be able to require your phone continuously.