HTC Sensation put forth the HTC’s Android smartphones sporting high-end specifications and the handset is a refresh version of HTC Sense user interface. Powered with 1.2 Ghz dual core Qualcomm processor and with Sense 3.0 technology sets the benchmark of this handset. For further into specifications we have gone through a complete review of HTC Sensation phone.
Since this powered in powered by Android operating system it comes with the default options of running your own Wi-Fi hotspot. Wi-Fi hotspot is a feature provided in smartphones where in you can share your incoming data connection with Wi-Fi enabled devices. In this due of article we would be showing you how to tether your HTC Sensation mobile phone. Before proceeding with the actual procedure I would like to tell that use Wi-Fi hotspot on your HTC Sensation phone whenever there is requirement and turn it OFF when not in use. This is because Wi-Fi hotspot and tethering is one of the highest battery draining components in HTC Sensation phone. Also other important thing is that you would be charged for whole of the network access depending upon the 3G plans or option of incoming data connection you have. In times when there is no Wi-Fi available on your wireless device like laptop or PC then you can make use of phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot application.
Tether HTC Sensation as a WiFi Hotspot
Here is the procedure on how to enable Tethering on HTC Sensation mobile phone –
- From your HTC Sensation phone click on My Apps.
- Now from various options apps available click on ‘Wi-Fi Hotspot‘.
- Its confirmation on the next step and so click on OK.
- You would be automatically taken to the settings of Wi-Fi router where you would you need to provide your Router name which is what would be your network name used as the identification of your Wi-Fi hotspot to other devices.
- Along with that you would also asked to provide password for secured access of your network. The security can be set on very high using the WPA2 AES security level.
- Once you have provided both in the above step you need to tap on to Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot so as to turn on Wi-Fi sharing and make your device visible.
- Now your device would be ready to share your Wi-Fi using your incoming data connection whether its 3G or other Wi-Fi stream.
Now search on any other devices which are Wi-Fi enabled and they would be able to see your network if they are in range. There would not so much of wide coverage with Wi-Fi hotspot. In the similar way since HTC Chacha also uses the HTC Sense user interface, you can also tether HTC Chacha too.