Samsung Galaxy S II is the T-Mobile’s best selling Android smartphone until now and the record would be easily broken by Samsung Galaxy S III in the coming days. Just after when the Samsung Galaxy S III is the launched, Samsung is back to their duties of providing the Android 4.0 ICS upgrade to their existing smartphone as they have planned to upgrade when the Ice Cream Sandwich was made available.
T-Mobile and Samsung today announced the upgrade to Android 4.0.3 for the Samsung Galaxy S II owner who are on the T-Mobile network in United States. We know that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which is the latest version available for phone and tablets as well. This comes with redefined and beautiful user interface, new lock screen and various other important features like face unlock, data usage details, Android Beam using the NFC based sharing, Wi Fi Direct and Bluetooth HDP. This upgrade is available via the Samsung desktop tool i.e., Samsung KIES and surprisingly there would be no OTA firmware upgrade available, atleast as of now. Among the improvements and features they are listed below –
- CMAS Improvements
- Wi FI calling enhancements
- Voicemail enhancements
- Email enhancements
- Input text improvements
- Smooth Scrolling
- Face unlock
- Device stability improvements
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Before we proceed with the upgrade instructions, its advised to go through the pre upgrade instructions, follow then below -
- So any one who is looking to upgrade, they have to follow the on screen instructions by connecting your phone to the PC. Please make sure that you have turned the USB Debugging On when before you are connected. To Enable it you should follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and make sure this options is ticked.
- Importantly you should back up important files and folders. Make use of the following applications to backup most of the things -
- Make sure that you have enough battery on your phone so that it doesn’t cause any problem during upgrade. We advise you to charge the phone to full of 100 % to avoid any issues.
- You should be on Android version 2.3.6 and the baseband version should show either T989UVKL1 or T989UVLDE. You can know this by going through Menu > Settings > About Phone.
- After the upgrade the baseband version will show T989UVLE1.
- Also make sure that you install the required drivers to connect your Samsung mobile phone.
Once when you have gone through the following pre upgrade procedure, you are now ready to upgrade, check it out on the next page.