How to Turn your Android Handset into Wireless Mouse and Keypad
Question: Hi my name is Ajay, I just wanted to know that is there any way that I can turn my Droid handset into a wireless keyboard and mouse with a touch pad so that I can make use of my phone’s large display and also can i remotely lock my Android device?
Ans: Hi, Ajay first of all it’s really great to have a handset like Droid, yes you can very well make use of your Android phone as a wireless computer keyboard and mouse with a touch pad after all you can make the most out of your device’s huge screen. Yes Ajay, you can remotely lock your Android device just by a single sms. All you will have to do is to install a third party application called Remote Droid which will serve your need of turning your phone into a wireless keyboard and mouse with a touch pad and that too using with your own wireless network. This application is a free application and can be installed in Android phones like Droid and also on G1.
It’s a free application for phones running Google’s Android operating system, such as the Droid (Verizon Wireless) and the G1 (T-Mobile). So how to go about, don’t worry I’ll just guide you with the simple steps which will help you in setting up remote droid server on your computer.
Procedure to set up Remote droid server on your PC:
- First you need to download Remote droid software application.
- After downloading the remote droid server software tool, open the file and install the “remote droid server.zip” file with the help of Win RAR or even Win zip and then extracting the file contents as its a zip file.
- After successful extraction of the file, go to the extracted file and click on “Remote droid server” batch file after which a new screen will be opened wherein the remote droid server will be started and along with that your ip number will be displayed and also you will have to enter the ip address on the start screen of the remote droid application on your phone to begin. Note down your ip number as you will be requiring this in later stage while configuration.
Procedure to set up droid remote application in your Android device:
Now when you have downloaded the Remote droid server on your computer, now it’s time to set up this application on your phone.
- First all you need to do is to go to the “Android Market place” from your Android device and search for Remote Droid application and install the same. After installation of the file, go to the main menu and find for “Remote droid” application icon and open the app.
- Now after opening the remote droid application,you will have to enter the ip address of your computer which will now pair phone with the computer. After entering the ip tap on “Connect” option.
- Now after tapping on “connect”, a large square box will be coming which is a mouse capture box, the left green box will act as a left mouse button and the right green box acts as right mouse button.
- You can see that there is a keyboard icon between the two green boxes which brings up the keyboard input window so that you can type on your computer.
So, you can now enjoy the benefit of wireless mouse and wireless key board right from your Android phone.
So you have successfully completed setting up both the pc setup of droid remote application and the mobile setup of droid remote application in just 7 simple steps.