The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is here introduced along side with the launch of Google Nexus 7 tablet. Just like other firmware’s this comes, Android 4.1 Jelly Beam comes with introduction of some new features from the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Not many changes were brought but few minor and major features were added to Google’s recently released OS version. One of the interesting features included is the ability to disable app notification.
Turn Off Notifications for Apps
There is not one application I use on my phone, I have more than 50 installed on my device and each developer of individual application is back of coming out with new improved version and hence the app updates are available every week or respective month. Every day I have one or the other app with new updates available and its quite annoying to go ahead with this minor updates for each apps. Also many applications provides unpredictable ads which are annoying while using the applications. The big thing is these are seen on our device via notification and if you are tired of such notifications on your Android 4.1 Jelly Bean then you have option to disable this feature.
- Open Menu and go to Settings.
- In the Settings section choose Applications
- From the list of the applications, you need to select the app for which you want block notifications. For example, xyz application is sending you annoying notifications, then tap on it. Tap on it to access the information.
- In the Application info page uncheck Show notifications and this option can be found right under the Force Stop button.
- Tap OK button to see the warning window.
Now notifications from that application will not appear in the top drop down notification. Do check out for more updates on Android Jelly Bean OS.