Tutorial to Fix Wi-Fi Bug in Jellybean 4.1 Powered Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Verizon Galaxy Nexus smartphone users who have upgraded with the latest Jellybean 4.1 Custom ROM firmware can now get rid of Wi Fi issues as there are some minor instability issues in Wi Fi. In the process of this tutorial, we will be checking out on how you can fix this Wi Fi issue, you will need to have boot loader unlocked. As per different forums and websites, it has been reported that there are issues like frequent disconnection, unable to latch on to the Wi Fi network despite adding the MAC address of the device in the trusted list of device access listing and also some users reported that internet couldn’t be accessed despite getting latched.
So, basically, in this article we will be checking out on how you can replace the Wi Fi drivers with that of the earlier firmware version which are of IMM76K. The Wi Fi drivers of IMM76K are highly stable and the same will be replaced once you follow the instructions. To apply this fix, you need to ensure that the device has to be rooted and is boot loader unlocked. Despite applying this Wi Fi fix, the firmware of your device will still remain as Jellybean 4.1 and not be changed to IMM76K build. Before proceeding, ensure that your Galaxy Nexus is on the latest Jellybean 4.1
Disclaimer: This update should only be applied to the devices which have the device model name as Verizon Galaxy Nexus. This should not be applied to the normal International version of Galaxy nexus. Androidadvices should not be held responsible or liable for any sort of damage happened to your device due to not following of instructions.
Procedure to Fix Wi Fi Issue in Verizon powered Galaxy Nexus:
- Before proceeding, you need to ensure that your device is boot loader unlocked, Rooted & installed with Clock Work Mod Recovery which we understand that it will be satisfied as Jellybean is not yet officially available as of now and those installed in devices are the pre-released / leaked version. Also, the ADB should be installed in your computer.
- Download the WI Fi fix for VZW Galaxy Nexus Package in your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to connect the same with your computer. Place the downloaded Wi Fi zip package in your device and disconnect the phone from computer.
- Up next you need to enable the USB Debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked as shown in the below screen capture. Also, the minimum battery charge left should be 50% to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Turn Off the phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, you need to first enter the device in the boot loader mode. Boot loader mode can be entered by entering the below command,
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is entered into the boot loader mode, you need to select the “recovery mode” to enter into the same.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Wi Fi Fix Zip file which is placed in your Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus.
- Once the device is updated with this firmware, select “++++ Go BACK ++++” and choose the option of “reboot system now”. Now, you can remove the connected USB cable to enjoy the seamless Wi Fi in your Galaxy nexus.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congrats, the bug now in your Galaxy nexus has been fixed. Do share with us in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will try to fix the same.