Long Live HTC HD2 smartphone receives Jellybean 4.2 firmware. So, for all those who are waiting for the Jellybean 4.2 update, here it is. Though this firmware is not an official firmware update released by HTC but is a custom ROM firmware which is based on the AOSP build. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the working features in this firmware and also the things which are yet to be worked upon by developers. All thanks to the recognized XDA developer sportsstar89 for coming out with this firmware. Unfortunately, HTC won’t be coming out with any official Jellybean firmwares. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with all the latest Jellybean 4.2 apps including the Gesture keyboard and other apps.
- GSM / Data? (Sim Reader broken)
- Painfully Slow (Like painfully slow)
Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted. To
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your HTC HD2 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to update your HTC HD2 smartphone with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.2.
Procedure to Update HTC HD2 with Jellybean 4.2 smartphone:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place the zip file in your device.
- Once placed, disconnect the device and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. You can alternatively enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app or with the help of below mentioned steps.
- Turn Off the device so that HTC HD2 device can be entered in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode. The Boot loader mode in HTC HD2 can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the boot loader mode.
- Select “recovery” option to enter into the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data. If there is any lag fix installed in your device, then you will have to disable the same from the “advance” option.
- Up next you will have to select install zip from sd card, then select choose zip from sd card. Scroll down to select “ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package” and then “Google Apps package” which you have placed in the SD card. Once the file is selected it will take around 5 – 10 minutes for getting this one applied in your device.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the HTC logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
For more on HTC HD2 Coverage, stay tuned to http://androidadvices.com/info/htc/desire-hd2/
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your HTC HD2 device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2 firmware. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues while you perform the update in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same.