How to Unbrick LG Optimus One P500 Tutorial
For all those who have bricked their phones can now breathe easy as in the due course of this we will see on how you can easily reclaim your dead device or say in other words the bricked device back to life. It is very well indeed said that bricking Android devices is just very hard. Until and unless you have done or applied something blindly and if you are the one who was cautiously following each step carefully then you need not be tensed as we will guide you to get back your device. Before proceeding you need to ensure that your device has the model name and number as “LG Optimus One P500” and not any other model or else you will not be able to recovery the device back.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t undertake any sorts of guarantee that your device will be back to life but be rest assured that since assuming that your phone is already bricked, we will try our level best to help you get out of this situation and trust us, most of the devices have come to life after following the instructions carefully.
- Windows Based computer with a minimum of Windows XP SP3+ (Mac or Linux based computers won’t be supported),
- Admin Rights in computer with Full Read / Write
Procedure to Unbrick LG Optimus One P500:
- Before proceeding you need to first up download the LG Electronics KDZ Software Tool Updater from here and then you need to unzip the same.
- After this, open the file called “msxml.msi” from the uncompressed directory which is there in the extracted file.
- At this point of time just check whether your phone is turning ON due to lesser battery life by plugging in the Charger for a minute or two, after this if it refuses to turn ON you can now proceed with the steps below. Also, try re inserting the battery and powering ON as it helps few times in turning ON the device.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest LG PC suite from the Official LG website along with the latest LG USB drivers so as to ensure that all the drivers are successfully installed in the phone.
- Now, disable the LG Electronics Virtual modem which you can do from the path of “Control panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right Click on the LG Electronics Virtual Modem” and the Disable the same so that it doesn’t interrupt the process which we will be carrying out.
- Now, “Press Volume Up + Back key” and while holding these both you need to connect the USB Cable to the phone and connect to the computer.
- As soon as you connect the phone, you will see a yellow screen with an emergency mode. Now, shake the phone and then run the file which is named as “KDZ_FW_UPD.exe” and then select “3GQCT” and then after that “DIAG” as shown in the below screen capture.
- Just in case if the flashing failed then you need to try another mode or try shaking the phone or connecting and disconnecting the phone.
- Up next in the KDZ file you need to choose the ROM file which you have downloaded in the initial step. Now, click on the “Launch” Software and shake the handset with hand on touch screen and then that’s it the device will be updated successfully and once you are done with the same, disconnect the phone from the computer.
- After this, press the Volume Up key, Home Key and while holding these both buttons you need to press the power ON button to start the phone and then you need to update your phone with the original firmware which is available in your country.
Do let us know in the below comments section just in case if you were able to recover the phone. We will be more than happy to guide you.