How to Unbrick Samsung Epic 4G – Easy Tutorial
Have you bricked or semi bricked your Samsung Epic 4G device? Then it’s time to Unbrick the same with the help of a small procedure which is mentioned in the due course of the article. So, let’s proceed and check out the procedure directly. This procedure will help all the users who had issues in applying the update which we covered recently as many users reported that these firmwares has semi bricked the Epic 4G device.
Note: Please note that you should not apply this procedure until and unless the phone doesn’t turn ON normally. This process can only be applied by all the users who are facing issues with the phone after applying the firmware. Please note that you need to have the admin rights in your computer and active USB ports or else the firmware won’t be applied successfully.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Epic 4G which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
So let’s head directly to the procedure wherein you can easily Unbrick your device.
Procedure to Unbrick Samsung Epic 4G device:
- Download the Samsung Epic 4G Zip package from here along to your computer and unzip the same. In the process of unzipping, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- After this turn Off your phone so as to enter the phone in the download mode. Please note that once you extract the zip package, you will see two files which are the firmware file as well as the Odin executable file.
- To enter the phone in the download mode, you will have to first turn Off the phone, hold the “1” numbered key on your qwerty keypad and then holding these both buttons you will have to Power ON the device with the help of the power button.
- Connect the phone to the computer while keeping the Odin opened. Within a minute, the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, in Odin click on “PIT” and select “victory_8G_100528.pit”. After this you need to click on “PDA” and select the file named as “SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL”. Please note that you should not select the option of “Re Partition”.
- Click on the “Start” tab to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically. Once you see the home screen, you now need to turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by first turning Off the phone and then hold the Volume down key, camera simultaneously and then Power ON the device simultaneously after which you will see the recovery mode on your screen.
- Select “Wipe data / Factory Reset” and “Wipe cache partition” to clear all the cache files if any present in your phone. After this, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select the option of “Reboot System Now” for restarting the device.
- To check on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show EC 05. Just in case if the device gets in the boot loop mode then you need to re-apply the whole process from start. Applying this update will basically revert the Epic 4G device to the stock / official firmware.
Do let us know just in case if you face any issues as we will ensure that all the issues will be addressed at the earliest.