The Verizon Wireless has ended the unlimited data plans officially in July 2011. Here comes a discovered trick which can hook customers to get unlimited plan even though they purchase iPhone after the plans are expired.
The method described below has worked out for various devices include iPhone and other Android handsets. Remind you that this is just the trick and Verizon reserves the right to cut the data plan at any time. This method is published by Slick Deals and here how it goes -
- Dial *611 from the Verizon handset that you have. Alternatively you can also call on 1800 922 0204.
- The computer CSR will through the main menu, wait for it and you will also need your Verizon phone number and account PIN or the last 4 digit of your SSN.
- Select the option 4
- It will ask you for what you would like to do today, then say “Add a feature”, then your call will be transferred to a live Verizon Customer services representative.
- Most of the phones are now 3G devices and say to the customer service representative that you will like to add $20 2GB 3G mobile hotspot feature to your phone. You will be charged $ 20 per month in addition to $ 29.99 unlimited data plan.
- If you have 4G device then you will have to add $ 30 unlimited 4G mobile hotspot feature on your phone to the customer representative. According to Stop the Cap when you add this MHS feature, you will be charged $ 30 per month separately charged which different from $ 29.99 charged for unlimited data plan.
- Once the MHS feature is added to your account you will be with $ 29.99 unlimited data plan. This can be verified via the My Verizon app on your phone or at http://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon/
- You can optionally remove the Mobile hotspot feature from your account though unlimited $ 29.99 data plan should remain in your account.
- If the customer representative says that they can’t add this feature to your plans and suggest you to go with data + mobile hotspot services together in a bundled plan then just hang up your phone and repeat the step again.
Thanks to Slick Deals for bringing this up and Verizon customer would be happy. Do let us know if that works out on your device or not.